Saturday, March 29, 2008

Hi. I am so very excited to have started this project. As I conduct my research into the people who made Tagus Ranch the unique community in which it was, I become more and more anxious to begin meeting with individuals. I have several names already and hope that many others will come out of the woodwork over the next several months. Please feel free to post comments and tell me what your experiences were. I look forward to getting to know you and recording your important contributions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have an interesting area of California history to explore. Tagus Ranch is noted for its large-scale agriculture in the early 20th Century and I think your work will be valuable for reseachers in the future.

Carl Frye said...

My grandparents worked on the Tagus ranch.there names were chesley and mathilda Frye.they picked fruit.they lived in a one room shack.I have pictures in anyone would like a copy.email me:
nightwatcher200031@yahoo.com my name is carl frye

Anonymous said...

My grandma Virginia Davis lived out there then. My great grandparents were John Davis an Anna may Davis. Is there anywere I can to see info. On this my email is tulare77@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

My mother was born in 1930 on the Tagus ranch to Julia Moore, she has 7 kids. My mothers name was Ruth Elaine. Does this name ring any bells