Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Big Day Arrived

Well I was there, at the reunion and so were many, many others. I was surprised at how many people lived on the Ranch after Merritt's death, well into the 1960s. Besides learning several valuable tidbits, I met quite a few interesting individuals that will make perfect candidates for the oral history program. I hope that as we develop a relationship, that they will grow comfortable with me and share all the valuable information stored in their memories.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My grandpa told me stories about his dad being involved or closely related to the ownership of Tagus Ranch. He said that he gambled the family fortune away which was all in grapes. His name was Ed Burkhart. Does this ring a bell, is this name familiar or is this just a family "story".
contact me at:jbaucho@hotmail.com

Aubrie said...

I apologize for not responding earlier, this comment was not forwarded to my email account. I am not familiar with the name Ed Burkhart but I can look into it further. Can you give me a decade in which this event may have occurred?

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how (if at all possible) I could try to find a person who I met in 1978 who was from Tagus Ranch. Her name is Naomi Hernandez. I met her at the Fresno State University E.O.P. Summer Institute. I fell in love with Naomi but there was another person who succeeded in breaking us up. I always think of Naomi and wonder how it all turned out for her. I really miss her and I would like to just talk to her. Naomi would be 49 years old now. I have done people searches with no success. If you can think of a way to assist me please do so.

Despirately seeking Naomi

Irvin Robertson
I can be contacted at cyberrob57@yahoo.com

Thank you in advance if you can help me.